Saturday, July 16, 2011

Settling In

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted.  I know that I am one who does not easily keep up with things like blogs and journals, but I love to write (and reading what I write, and hearing what other people say about what I write) so I always start these things and do my best to keep them going.  I try not to chastise myself too much when I don't keep up with them the way that I believe I should.

Anyway, so much has happened since April that has kept me from the blog, yet so much of it made me happy and would have been worth at least a short entry.  In May, I and two other amazing women produced our school's second annual dinner theater.  In just one year the production grew from 20 cast members to 40 and from 1 night to 2.  It was incredible to watch the students grow - their friendships, their self-confidence, their joy.  It makes all of the tears, turmoil and tense moments worth and, in the end, makes me overwhelmingly happy.

And then, in June, my husband and I bought our first house together.  He had had his own house, purchased at the ripe old age of 23, in which we lived together after our marriage.  (Okay, and maybe a year or two before that.)  Finally, though we found one that could be ours.  Albeit, it's on the side of town I prefer, in a neighborhood of my choosing, on a piece of property he would never have chosen had it been solely his choice, but I love it.  We've been slowly putting things together and having friends over one or two at a time.  It's an amazing feeling to wake up in a house that you know you had a hand in choosing and financing.  It makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment