Sunday, March 20, 2011

“Exhuberance is beauty.” -William Blake



Okay, let’s lay it all on the table.  It has been two weeks since I posted on my blog.  So, because I’m behind, I’m not going to talk about Gretchen Rubin’s video for this week, I’m going to talk about her video from the week of March 8th (the last week I posted).  It’s funny.  Her video from the week of the 8th is about exercising during the week.  I knew her reasoning before I even watched the video.  Exercise makes you happy, healthy and gives you energy.  Considering I danced about 12 hours a week from the time I started middle school until my high school graduation, one would have thought I would have made exercising a habit, but I didn’t.  And, to top it off, all of my reasons for not blogging are the same excuses I use for not exercising.

My rationalization usually sounds something like this:  “I can’t exercise/blog because…

… I have too much planning for school to do.
… I have too many papers to correct.
… I have too much to do after school.
… I have too much homework to do.
… I am too tired.
… I don’t feel well.
… I don’t want to exercise/blog.
… I’d rather go out with my husband.
... etc.

But this weekend, completely out of the blue, I exercised…. Twice.  Friday was so beautiful that hubby and I went for a three-mile walk when I got home.  And thanks to Day Light Savings Time, it stayed light enough for our walk, even when we arrived home at close to 8 p.m.  This morning, even though I had homework, I went to gym.  Instead of taking class like I usually do, I did the elliptical machine and read my textbook at the same time – two birds with one stone!  I really do feel good now.  So good, in fact, that I’m posting a blog.

So, tell me.  How do you make time for exercise (and blogging, if you do it)?  

No comments:

Post a Comment