Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happiness Project: 2011 Video 2 Question


Okay, the first weekly video presented since I joined the 2011 Happiness Project asked if I’m a “yes” resolver or a “no” resolver.  Like, if I were to make a New Year’s Resolution to make more healthy eating choices, would my resolution say “I will eat more healthy foods and less sweets in the new year”?  Or would my resolution sound more like “I will not eat sweets and fatty foods this year”?

None of my “New Year’s Resolutions” have ever worked.  I just simply don’t stick to them.  But, thinking back, many of my mid-year resolutions have worked.  One year I decided I was not going to eat meat.  It worked.  No chicken, beef or pork for me.  (Yes, I ate fish.  I simply cannot give up fish.  I love it too much!)  I didn’t eat chicken until I started dreaming about it about a year later.  Pork worked itself back in too.  But I still don’t eat beef.  (My beliefs have changed, so beef might even come back onto my plate someday.)

So, I guess I’m a “no” resolver.  Don’t eat the cookies.  Don’t sit on the couch watching “Ellen” instead of going to the gym.  Do take the escalator – get some exercise! 

Hmmm… I don’t think that knowing what kind of resolver I am makes me any happier right now.  But I did pick up something on The Happiness Project website that has been making me very happy – the one minute rule!  Check it out:


My house is getting cleaner by the minute!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment